Thursday, April 28, 2011

We are safe...

Some how GA got REALLY lucky.  Yes there were casualties but greater Atlanta was LUCKY!  Just plan and simple.  This seems like the second time now where storms have hit AL and NC yet just "skipped" over GA.  I'm not complaining but somehow I think our luck might run out.  I sure hope it doesn't...So far everyone I've talked to that we are friends with in AL is safe.  They are left with nothing but they are safe.  And really, that is all that matters....TRUST me, I know.  You can always rebuild.  Things may be tough for a while, and you may never sleep through any thunder ever again but you can rebuild.  Material things are not important.  Looking at some of the pictures of AL just makes me tear up.  It has to be the worst thing to live through.  It's just that tornadoes really are unpredictable.  If you live by an ocean or on a fault line or way up in the north, you expect hurricanes, earthquakes, and blizzards...they are going to happen.  BUT a tornado??? (Yeah there's tornado alley)....A tornado can literally rip away one side of the street, yet leave the other untouched.  Tear one neighborhood up, yet spare the next.  It's incredible...you cannot outsmart or predict these storms.  Enough about that though....

This week has shaped up to be very busy.  I feel like we have something every minute this weekend.  One good thing is my best friend is coming in town!!  Too bad I won't get to spend much time with her but come Memorial Day, we'll make up for that!  I have a few pictures of what Adam has been up to recently.  He likes his toys....


His amp is there on the right 


All of this under his back seats


He swears this was for the kid...LOL.  DVD player 

Now to a sad note again.  I came home this afternoon and sat out on the back patio with Cassy (our cat) and watched Benny roam the yard.  Well he kept going over to this area right in front of our shed.  After about 15 min, I was curious what was catching his attention so much.  To my surprise there were small baby birds lying on the ground.  (Note picture below is not my picture but represents just what I saw)  I counted 5 total around the tree.  All lying just like the one below.  Three of them, I knew were gone.  Two however, I could see breathing.  I went inside and put some gloves on, about this time Adam gets home and wonders what I'm doing.  I tell him and he goes and helps me look for a nest.  We found the nest in the tree above.  I held them for about 10 minutes before putting them back in there.  Not once did I see a potential mom come near.  I'm going to be keeping an eye on these guys..I just wish there was more I could do.  They are indeed baby robins, they aren't even old enough to open their eyes.  I'm guessing the strong winds last night blew them right out of their nest.  I hope mama robin comes back.

No comments:

Post a Comment