Tuesday, May 31, 2011

IT'S A GIRL!!!

It's been a while, I know, my apologies.  Since the last post, we've gone and finished up the DS testing and got the gender ultrasound.  Our instincts were right it is indeed a girl!  Since breaking that news to our family, we've also decided on the name Kinsley Kathy Trombly.  Kinsley is just a name we both like and Kathy is after my aunt that was robbed and murdered in her home when I was just three years old.  A lot has been going on this year with the trial of Kathy's killer (one of them at least), so just felt like the right thing for us to do.  Adam and I both want to honor her and my dad's side of the family. 

Other than Baby T/Kinsley, Adam has been to Germany and back.  He left Wednesday before Memorial Day (one of the WORST days of my life indeed) and returned Sunday.  Felt like eternity that he was gone.  Wednesday not only sucked because I had to drop my husband off (short trip yes but it was in another country, different hours, not easy to talk to him, etc) but on my way home I got a "low tire pressure" warning on 85 in HEAVY Atlanta rush hour traffic.  Emotions were already ragging and then panic set in.  LUCKILY my daddy was there for the rescue.  I was very very lucky at where I got the warning and that I was able to make it off the interstate safely.  That's the second new tire (same tire) since I got the car in December.  I think I'm cursed at getting something in the sidewalls of this tire.  $130 later, problem solved.  O and not only that but I came home Wednesday to find my shower was leaking too...a problem again later solved by my dad.  It's like the house and my life knew that Adam was out of the country. 

But Megan came in town this weekend and helped me cheer up.  We had tried taking my cat to the shelter on Saturday but they were too full and refused her.  So that put me in another awkward situation (since I had given her the deadline of this past weekend).  That panned out though, Megan helped me place ads in newspapers and online and we have a potential new owner coming tonight to get her (hopefully).  It will be so hard and sad to see her go but it will be for the better.  After that let down in the morning we were off shopping.  Very successful there, we got all 4 June birthday girl's gifts and both father's day gifts (even Ad something too).  And still had time to swing by the pool.  Sunday came around and all I could do was stare at the clock and wait on that phone call from Adam saying he was back...bittersweet indeed.  I think both Benny and Cassy were happy to see him. 

We are slowly starting to tear down the "guest bedroom" now.  The mattress has been recycled to Madi's new bedroom set.  And hopefully my old bedroom set will be back in its original house soon (MOM).  Once Cassy is gone, we have a lot of cleaning to do then we'll starting painting!  Keep you posted on the room status.

No comments:

Post a Comment