Thursday, March 22, 2012

Nifty Fifty Tom's Bday

Today is Tom's Birthday!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOM! Today my mom is also taking her PMP certification test, so good luck to her.  My dad has an MRI...no results quite yet just the scan.  So pray for that.  AND on top of that- Tom's mom- Rose- is having surgery to remove uterine cancer.  So please please please pray for her.  On to some better lighter news...

We had a blast down at camp this weekend.  Kinsley really seemed to enjoy our golf cart rides.  She talked/babbled most of the time we'd ride then she'd pass out.  It was very nice outside just had a "tint of yellow" to deal with.  Speaking of, because of this extremely high (9000+) pollen count- Kinsley's sniffles/cough has returned....yeepee.  She is doing better and better with solids now.  We've had sweet potatoes, squash and some green beans.  I'm looking into making my own baby food now.  Just really not sure if I have the time for it (like I'm not busy enough).  I was looking into products to make it easier (baby bullet or baby brezza)- any opinions?  Most of what I'm getting is use a blender and bake/steam them well yeah that takes 2+ hrs, and I frankly don't have that kind of time.


St. Patty's Day School Attire


Play time outside


Feather sensory bin

Just too dang cute!

This week we've had several days in the 80s (last week too).  I've made a point of going outside and playing with Kins as soon as we get home at least till Daddy comes in the door.  She loves being outside and loves being able to watch Benny do his thing.  One thing I'm also starting to do more and more is 'sensory lessons'.  This is a fun introduction to new materials and the environment around her.  One of my favorite blogs play at home mom as the best ideas.  I made this feather sensory bin for her and put her in it.  Definitely lots of looks (btw if you want to do this make sure you put a paci in your child's mouth lol).  She loved grabbing at them at first then seemed to manage to raise that right leg (see picture) and would not put it back down.  She slide down a few times then became more interested in the actual bin than the feathers.  Next up is water beads.

Without getting into too much detail- I'm growing through some hard times with breastfeeding so please pray that I can continue to do this- it really is what I want to do.  I've made it 5 months, I hope to continue.  O yeah- today marks Kinsley turning 5 months!!!!!  I'll upload her monthly photo in a later blog post.  It's hard to believe she's already 5 months!  Okay, I need to get back to work...

~ABDK

No comments:

Post a Comment