On Kinsley- went to the doctor and everything looks great. My fundal height is still right on to what it should be, so that means she's growing at a good rate. The most shocking thing to me to come out of that appointment was in the two weeks, I had only gained a pound! My weight fluctuates so much, it's impossible to keep track. We were given the preregistration package for Northside as well. Our Northside tour is this Saturday- really excited about it, I've heard nothing but good things about that place. O and we have decided on a daycare....drum roll please.....Primrose. Not an easy decision by any means but we are going to try Primrose out for a year. If we see that financially we are okay (and it's as good as we think it will be), we'll continue. Primrose just caught our eye with the actual learning program they have there. It's not just a babysitting place, it's educational as well. One thing I value the most with them is that they have subjects each week (even in the infant room) and they teach baby sign language. So we'll see how that all goes! We've also figured out how long I will be out from work. That was not easy to do either....
Babyshower- We had our GA baby shower Saturday. And many many thanks goes out to Shannon, my mom, Megan and Ashley for pulling it off. We had just around 25 people show up and it was amazing. It was great to get to see everyone! We got all sorts of really great gifts that I've already been putting up and washing. Cannot wait to be able to use them! I think Kinsley is already up to 14 pairs of shoes...already following in her momma's shoes. Here's a few pictures from the shower.
JAKEY- So another exciting note- Friday night I got to meet Jake Owen! We got to the arena about 5:30 and by 6:30 I was standing looking at Jake. They had filed us into the Gwinnett Gladiators locker room. We got to take one picture, chat, and have him sign one item. When it was my turn, I took my picture (below) and then handed him the onesie I had made for him to sign. He loved it! He held it up and said "awesome" and the crowd all went "awwww". He asked what her name was going to be and I told him and he wrote on there "Kinsley <3 Jake Owen" (pic below). Once he signed it he said "I feel so special signing something for someone who hasn't even been born yet". Then it was Adam's turn. Jake said "this must be Kinsley's dad" and they met (my two husbands met!). They took their picture and then Jake said his congrats and good luck and that was that. He was so nice and joking around to all of us when we were in there (about 30 people got to meet him). We then were filed out and went to watch the show. Which was really a "Keith Urban" concert but I HATE Keith Urban (hate his music and him- cocaine addict). So we watched Jake then left. Apparently this was a shocker to the people sitting around us...they had no clue who Jake Owen was to begin with. But I quickly turned them into a fan (a close up picture of Mr. Hottie himself doesn't hurt to show). We got home and had some really awesome BBQ Adam had made in the crockpot. Overall, an awesome night!
Nursery- While I was busy getting ready for the shower, Adam and my dad hit up the nursery. The job this weekend? The closet! Here's some before and after shots.
"Storage"
Cleaned out, old shelves
Progress Shot
New Light Added
Note: This is still not all the shoes...
Can you say spoiled already? :)
Today while the closet was getting the final touches, mom and I made these:
Ouch or Boo Boo Bags
Little 5" x 5" pillows filled with rice, best for those little bumps and scraps Kinsley may get! Good hot or cold.
Till next time...
~ADK

No comments:
Post a Comment