Friday, August 19, 2011

Sleep Please?

This past Saturday was again, a very busy one!  I started off the day with my first chiropractic visit.  Why you say?  Well main reason is because of the pain.  I've been waking up at night (a lot) with severe hip pain.  It makes it hard to sleep on my side.  The pain seems to radiate down my leg.  On one hand, it's a good thing, cause it means my hips are widening and preparing but on the other, it hurts!  Second reason is, this chiropractic has good experience with pregnant women and knows the "Webster's Technique".  It's a technique that they use to turn/encourage a breech baby.  Since we heard a couple of weeks ago from our 4D that she was breech, I started checking up on this.  She still has time to turn but at least I know that I have many many methods to encourage her if I need too.  I have faith that she'll do what she needs to though.

Next, we had our Northside Forsyth hospital tour.   Found several things very promising- loved the room- was HUGE, the jacuzzi was amazing, and loved that all procedures/bath was done in room with mommy and that they would wait and encourage skin to skin immediately.  Downsides?  Didn't get all the information I was looking for.  I had several questions about statistics (does hospital have a labor time limit, c-section rate) that the lady was unable to answer.  I was asking these questions to try to gauge just how open they were to natural childbirths.  I kept getting "depends on your OB" as an answer- which I will call BS on.  Cause my OB was the one telling me to ask...anywho.  When we made it around to see the nursery, we got to talking to the other couples in the tour.  Little did we know that 2 of them had given birth naturally before and loved it and gave us encouraging words (there was another couple there due Aug 24 that wanted to go natural as well- first timers too).  Then there was one girl that was awfully quiet cause obviously she was taken back and shocked that we all wanted to go natural.  It's funny to watch reactions like that.  But talking to those moms was very nice.  And apparently they're happy with Northside since they are returning.  We go to Emory this Saturday so we'll choose soon.

Then it was home for a little before the Skype shower began.  It was a shame that we couldn't make it to NY to see everyone in person but was sooooo nice to "see" them still.  I think that Adam's grandmother still never fully got the idea but everyone seemed to love that they could see Adam and I.  The only downside seemed to be the sound.  We felt that we weren't in on a lot of conversations taken place there because if more than one person talked at a time, it was just a jumble of noise.  But we got to play a couple of games and opened up our gifts.  Adam and I even had our own "food" to make it more of a shower to us!  We got a lot of stuff we needed and are so thankful for what everyone has gotten us so far.  I spent all day Sunday doing laundry and putting things in place as much as possible.

Tuesday, I dropped by Primrose to turn in our preregistration form....Kinsley is officially a part of the Primrose family now.  They gave us a booklet, a diaper bag, and a onesie.  So cute.  I am truly excited for her to be going to Primrose.  I don't think I'll be as excited come January when she will actually be attending though...just thinking about it makes me cry.  Leaving my baby girl in someone else's arms will be very tough!

In other news...My dad came over Wednesday night for dinner at our house.  I had suspicions something was going on- why would he drive to Buford for dinner?  But never could've guessed the news I was about to hear.  My dad had been going to the doctor for a few weeks getting tests done.  For a while now, he's felt as if something wasn't right, but if you know my dad at all- LOL- getting him to go to a doctor for anything, is a hassle (just like my brother).  Well needless to say, there was a reason for concern.  After testing, they discovered my dad has a brain tumor.  Now, before I scare you, we thank God that it is not malignant AND that it is a pituitary functioning tumor.  Things could be a lot worse.  Only thing is that since they just now found it, it has gotten quite large (we think it's been there for ~10 years).  He has been put on medication that he takes twice a week.  They will test his blood after a month of medication to see how the drugs are working.  He'll then get another MRI two months from now.  Adam and I are staying very positive about this situation.  I think he's a very lucky man and his doctor seems to believe that this medication will work just fine (90% sure).  Now, to keep everyone's spirits in good orders, and we'll conquer this bad boy!  If there is anything I've learned from all my readings during pregnancy it is your mindset really has a lot to do with your health.  If you are unhappy/depressed, your body will ache and feel tired as well.  If you welcome pain and tough roads with an open mind, you'll be amazed at what you're body can do.  "Mind over body".  My dad was a marine, I have full faith he can tackle this.  Semper fi!  After all, his granddaughter is cheering him on just as much, she want's to meet the man that spoiled her mama!

O and to be fair...on some other medical news in our family.  My brother had injured his knee a couple weeks ago during one of his and Adam's soccer games.  We'll he's been limping around for weeks now.  He asked me several question about my knee and the pain I had had, well Dr. Dana did her diagnosis and guessed that he had indeed done the same thing as me- tore his meniscus.  Well he went to the doc this past week and sure enough, Dr. Dana was right!  This poor guy cannot catch a break, he had "injured" his right foot and had surgery scheduled for that.  Now, that is on hold so that he can have knee surgery (left leg) first.  I feel for him and know exactly what he's going through.  It is not fun!  I think Adam is a little sad to have lost his soccer bud too.  I know they both enjoyed playing together.  So pray for my dad and a speedy recovery on my brother's end too!

~ ADK

No comments:

Post a Comment