Thursday, September 22, 2011

Last week of Summer

As summer comes to an end here, our little Fall package is approaching!  This past week was full of adventures.  I am now at 36 weeks and to the point where I go see the doctor every week.  Nothing much too new except that in the easiest terms possible (without telling TMI), the labor initiation stages have begun.  My body is preparing properly for birth already.  She is head down and "locked and ready".  I did have an exam and was only at 1 cm and 50% effaced.  Still got 4 more weeks to go so I am completely happy with that.  My personal goal is two more weeks then I will be fully ready for her to be here (I'd love it comfort wise if she came now- but know it is too early).

In other news, progress on the nursery is still be made (slowly).  I did get a chance to do yet another run to Babies R Us and I think I have everything we'll need for at least the first 3 months (cross your fingers).  We got good news on Adam's family side- his sister has a job assignment for a month in Nashville and will be available to see her niece!!!  We are so excited that she gets to make it down to see her.  As an Aunt myself, there is nothing like that first meeting.

In craft news, I was inspired by pinterest and decided to paint this for Adam's sister...



This past Saturday I attended my last GT game as a non-mom!  It was so great to see everybody.  It was incredibly hot!!!!  We left the game a little early but didn't miss too much since GT won 66-24!


Sunday was another Atlanta sports outing- Adam and I attended Madison's competition cheerleading performance at Turner Field for the Braves vs Mets game.  She was so excited and loved the experience.  She did a fabulous job as well!  It was also Hayden's first Braves game.  Again, we left a early (top of the 5th innning).  Unfortunately, this was not the same outcome as the GT game, the Braves ended up losing this game.



Unrelated- this past week one of my best friend's got engaged!  Have to do a shot out to her (Miss Ashley Green) and say big CONGRATULATIONS!  I am so excited and so happy for her.  I know she has found "the one" and can't wait to start planning and helping her with her wedding!  (Now hopefully she'll pick a date far enough out for me to lose this baby weight!)

My dad had his check up appointment for the tumor and everything is good!  His levels are down by 90%!!!  He'll have an MRI towards the end of October (to check the size) and get the results back in November.  So continue to keep him in your prayers!!!

This week is another jam packed one but so excited for this weekend cause it's the Duluth Fall Festival (time to stock up on cute craft ideas for Kinsley)!

~ADK

No comments:

Post a Comment