Thursday, September 1, 2011

Changes

Had another doctor's appointment on the 19th, and everything is growing/going great.  My midwife felt around and said that she thinks she is now head down!  So :) for that!  (Although she is still moving a lot and has room to flip- but good news so far.)  I'm definitely getting to that "I'm over it" stage.  I can't get comfortable, can't sleep, can't breath, getting kicked in the ribs/bladder/etc, can't reach my toes, can't get up by myself sometimes...on and on.  It's a two-fold experience- it's truly amazing and I'm thankful I can get pregnant and am having a healthy pregnancy but man, it is rough.  I don't want to complain too much, cause someone else probably has it worse or could be one of those women who would give anything to even be pregnant.  I'm just counting down the days till I can hold our girl in my arms (and not in my belly).

We had our tour of Emory John's Creek Saturday following the appointment.  While it was a familiar place to me, it just did not compare to Northside.  We had a fairly large tour group which made asking questions kind of impossible.  Upon entering the delivery room (where I was a patient before)- Adam and I realized just how nice Northside was.  I'm happy that we get to choose a place, given that- Northside it was.  It really was an easy decision for us.  The room at Northside was twice the size and my favorite feature is that jacuzzi (Emory just had a shower).  The fact that it is about half the distance from our house helps too.  So another decision crossed off the list!  Now just to figure out pediatricians!

We had one "ped interview" Friday.  I'm one of those people that is skeptical on group practices because to me (and I've been a patient of one of those) you just become a number and the doctor's can never get to know you and you're symptoms personally.  Every visit seems to be one where you have to repeat your life's medical history to them cause they don't know who you are.  That being said, we toured a group practice.  And may be this is just new to me, but I was immediately taken back that we couldn't even meet with a doctor.  We talked with a front desk attendant only.  To me that is just crazy!!!  They are trying to "sell" their practice to me yet I can't even talk to one of their doctors?  Needless to say, we went, toured, and asked questions.  I have a list of pluses and minuses.  Finding a doctor really is going to be the hardest decision though.  Location and hospital privileges seems to be the gotcha for us.  If they're close to home, they typically don't have privileges at the hospital of our choice...vice versa.

Not that Kinsley needed more clothes (okay yes she does- for winter) but my mom and I went to this consignment store on Saturday.  They were having a "bag stuffer sale"- they have you a bag (like a Kroger bag) and as much stuff as you could stuff in there (from given rack) was yours for $15!  Mom and I went and grabbed breakfast and got there about 30 minutes prior to opening.  We were the second "group" in line.  We got the scoop from the people in front of us and made friends with them.  That lady had a 7 week old boy so once those doors opened, her and I were a team- she was handing me cute girl stuff, I was handing her boy stuff.  It turned out great.  The easiest thing we found was to grab a laundry basket and just yank away (believe me it was crazy in there).  We found a corner and started taking stuff off hangers and stuffing away.  Mom walked out with a bag (half Kinsley/half Hayden) and I had a bag.  So all and all $32 worth.  Once I got home, I started the wash and saw that it came out to be about 3/4 of a laundry basket full!

As September nears, changes are definitely happening.  There's a lot of woodworking and organization projects on Adam's end.  (I'll be sure to post the finished projects.)  My dad has started his medication and treatment is "underway".  My brother is having some tough decisions as well (can't announce quite yet).  He also has scheduled his knee surgery.  My cousin got a new car (proud of him).  My mom is now a beach condo owner (yay vacations).

Fall is around the corner- with that brings football, family, fall festival, soups, and a baby!

~ADK

No comments:

Post a Comment