Monday, December 12, 2011

I owe, I owe, Off to work I go

Well week 6 marked return to work for me.

After that last post, Thursday I took her to the doctor to figure out why she had been crying so much.  Turns out, she has acid reflux.  We've made adjustments and have been giving her the medicine prescribed and she's doing great now!  Seemed like instantly after leaving the doctor's I noticed my little girl had a runny nose.  One day at daycare and she has a cold (still recovering from it).  Don't worry- she's passed that cold on to Adam and I both- thank you runny nose kid at daycare!

Over the weekend we had gone down to camp again to try to capture my buck.  After three hunts and seeing 30+ deer, we came home Saturday night.  I just don't think it's meant to be for me this season.  (Big thanks to my wonderful husband and dad for allowing me to go and babysitting while I tried.)

Coming back to work was bittersweet for me.  I was so ready!  And so were they!  I am currently involved in three projects.  My first day, was a 12 hour day- welcome back!  The plus side- time flies by and it keeps my mind off of her- so I don't miss her near as much.  The only time I even have to think about her is when people come back and congratulate me- it's that hectic here!  Other than work, my week was pretty boring.  There were two birthdays in my family- my father-in-law on the 7th and my brother on the 9th (30 years old).


Artwork her teachers did for us on Monday (she hated it apparently)


Starting to charm her teachers (Wednesday)


Daycare tires her out (Friday)

Friday, we got off work and did a lot of things around the house.  After taking Benny to the vet, I started decorating the inside of the house. Adam cut grass for the last time then Charter showed up.  Once that dude left, we went to go get a tree then picked up our girl.  We got the lights put on the tree then had to call it a night.  Saturday, my dad came over to help Adam put up the lights outside.  Then it was time to pack Ms. Kins up to head to Grammy's!  Her first night away....I was a nervous wreck.  I wanted her to behave so well so she'd be allowed back! LOL  We had my company's Christmas party to go to (if you were wondering why we were dumping her).  Once we dropped her off, we finished up shopping then went home and got dressed for the party.  Quick rundown of the party- prom like, drunk older women, too expensive.  That about sums it up.  At least we made an appearance- doubt we'll go to another one.  The plus side was that I got to drink for the first time in 13 months!  It was nice.  We got to bed around midnight, woke up about 8:30.  Adam allowed me to go to Cracker Barrell (not his favorite) for breakfast then we were off to pick up our girl!  Grammy said she slept from 9-6:40!!!  Woohoo she did great!  Upon returning home, she was a tired girl, she took a short nap while I did some wrapping.  After a little here and there, by the end of night I was able to finish wrapping all our gifts!  She fell asleep around 9 and we took advantage, and quickly went to bed!  Last night marked night 6 of her sleeping through the night (well till ~5:30- which works for us during the week)! Cross your fingers that that trend continues!

Up this week- Pictures with Santa at Primrose, Adam's work's Christmas party, Hayden's 1st Birthday Party, White Elephant Family Christmas Party...BUSY BUSY weekend!

~ADK  

No comments:

Post a Comment