So Friday, Kinsley went for her checkup/shots. All is well. She is now 15 lbs, 24" long. She is 60% for height, 80% for weight, and 75% for head size. None of which I take seriously. She was not happy the entire visit to the docs, lets just say we were the ones with the crying baby. Getting her shots didn't make it any better. She has a nice bruise from one shot in particular- stupid nurse! She was quite cranky and tired till about Saturday evening. At one point, we were on the phone with the nurses cause she was just not acting herself (not eating, sleeping all the time, etc). Well come Saturday this cough kept getting worse and worse. Fast forward to Sunday- we were putting her to bed and just started to really worry about her breathing. She was constantly coughing- as if she was choking/not able to get her breath. She was having short/quick breaths...we called the nurses line again. Sure enough we were off to the ER. To sum up our 6 hr trip, she was diagnosed with an upper respiratory infection. She received a breathing treatment while in the ER and we were sent home with an inhaler. She is still wheezy and coughing but seems to be more "controlled" now. She went yesterday for a follow up her with her doctor- she has bronchitis and an ear infection :( . We got new meds to try. I'm so ready to have my happy/smiling little girl back. As bad as this sounds- mommy just happened to have her camera on her while at the ER...so I snapped a couple of photos. NOTE: I said a couple...I kept getting "that" look from her so I quit.
As a parent- it is the scariest, worst feeling in the world to be sooooo helpless when it comes to your child's health. I would give anything for her to have to not go through any of this.
In other news, I had my launch party for Thirty-One over the weekend. Boy, was it a success! I'm still working on getting my business up and running but I have complete faith that once things pick up- it will all be worth it! Did I mention how thankful I am to have a supporting husband in all of this? It is not easy on either of us but I'm glad that he sees this is something I want to do (and enjoy so far), and he's so supportive.
I had my own health scare last week as well. I won't go into details (cause its private stuff) but so far lab results have all been normal so that is good. I'm still waiting for things to pan out- but so far, so good!
March is a crazy crazy time for our family. The majority of the men in the family are celebrating birthdays this month. First up- and to whom this post will recognize- is my Dad. I won't embarrass him by posting his age but his birthday is this Saturday- HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!
~ABDK
You forgot the first family Birthday in March. Your nephews birthday is March 2nd.
ReplyDeleteYou are right- my doggy nephew- sorry ESPN! Guess I was only counting humans...
ReplyDelete