Monday, February 20, 2012

Monthly Photo Project

Time has flown by...sorry no update.  I kept saying "well when we finish this project then I'll post", well that still hasn't happened yet so no more waiting.  Adam is still busy on the DVD case/seat/thing- that one will take a while.  Meanwhile, I worked on a stair photo wall.  Thank you Pinterest.  Great tip I used?  I made replica frames out of printer paper and taped, measured, arranged on the wall before hanging the pictures- that way, I could mess up and rearrange as much as I wanted.  And I am an engineer, so I had to measure everything.  The most time consuming aspect- that stupid vent right in the middle of our wall/stairway.  It's so unsightly.  When we first moved in, one of our first jobs was to paint that thing same color as the wall and the actual exchange part black.  Now that I put pictures around the vent, I framed it to blend in even more (another idea from Pinterest).  Thank you to Adam for going with me to Home Depot to piece together exactly the idea I had in mind.


Can you tell we only have one kid? LOL



In other news, I have decided that Adam and I need some extra money on the side.  We are saving up for our next house (just not near enough room in this thing).  We'd really like to move in the next three years or so- no baby #2 till then!  So, why am I telling you this?  Because.....I have decided to start selling Thirty One products!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am very excited (and nervous) about this.  If you have no idea what Thirty One is- check it out, Thirty One. This is my plug- if you'd like to host a party or just order anything let me know!  BTW this was a very hard decision for Adam and I- I, by no means, just jumped into this.  My biggest fear is missing out on my daughter's life too much.  We will play this out and see what it can do for us- I hope that even a little extra money could get us out of this house even faster!



Third, I have now made it back to pre-pregnancy weight!  Thank you Weight Watchers!  While my body is by no means the same as it used to be, I'm happy to make it to this first goal.

Kinsley is doing great!  She really is a ball of joy (most of the time).  She has fallen into what is apparently known as "4 month sleep regression".  She was waking up every 1-2 hours.  I did some research and have since been on a "routine" and she is now mostly back to sleeping through the night (woke up once last night).  The worst part is, by 7 pm she is sooooo tired she literally throws a temper tantrum.  Plus, I think I fill a little bump coming in....so here comes some fun!  We are also fighting some cradle cap- but its already starting to go away since I've been treating it.  She goes for her 4 month checkup/shot routine Friday (24th).


Rolling Over



Talking

So I've been slacking but would now like to start this Monthly Photo Project.  Here is my first photo, month 4 (FEB)!



Lastly- my cousin/brother "by" law (adopted by my dad- no Alabama thing going on) got deployed Thursday to Afghanistan. One of the hardest days for me.  He called me for a brief "I love you, give a kiss to Kinsley for me".  I know he'll be fine (at least that's what I'm telling myself) but of course I worry.  We really do take for granted what these men and women are doing for us.  And this is just a reminder of just because war has "ended" in Iraq does not mean that all troops are done- cause in point.  There is still a war going on in Afghanistan.  Please pray for my cousin and the other men and women (and their families) that are fighting for our country.  

~ABDK (sorry Ben Ben)

No comments:

Post a Comment