So mommy made her trip to Seattle this past week. I cried the whole time I was on MARTA. It was so hard to say goodbye. Thank God for Skype! Just in the
five six days I was gone, she rolled over and started grabbing at items. I just wish my boss understood what this means and what it took for me to go do this! I learned a lot and it was a great experience (Seattle is beautiful even in rain) but nothing is like home. I know Adam was so thankful that his parents came in town to help him out. His first morning alone with her, he woke up to no power in the house and it scared him straight (meant no monitor). He's a deep sleeper so he was afraid that she had been screaming all night and he didn't hear her (he didn't hear the dead battery beeping of the monitor). Of course, she was fine but I know it scared him. It really is a lot of work for one parent to do- mad props to single parent households and military families. I couldn't do it. His parents head back to NY today. I know how hard it has to be for them to leave. I feel for them. I wish we had more money/time off to visit them more. Funds are a little tight right now. I thank Skype for making the situation a little easier though. Photos from Seattle:

My job :)
A downtown/Mt. Rainier view from atop Space Needle
View from my hotel room
Pike Place Market
Straight Up!
Mixing work w/ play
So I had a red-eye flight back Friday night. Probably slept about 2.5 hrs of that flight. Got back to Atlanta at 7 am (local time). Needless to say, I'm still trying to catch up on sleep :-/ But Sunday, we woke up early and got Miss Kins ready for her photo shoot. Here's "just a few" (no really):
We make cute babies! I'm absolutely in love with these pictures. She did amazing! I think she likes having her photo taken. I hope to work on a photo wall this weekend. Adam's got a project going on though too so who knows. He's building a DVD case/toy bin/bench for the living room. I've decided to try my hand at some beadboard with it too. Inspiration:
Except black where teal is
I'm quite excited about it getting it finished. O here's a Grammy Di and Grampy shot from their visit:
Even Benny participated!
~ADK
She is too cute!
ReplyDelete